Phoenix, AZ—invisionAZ and StartupAZ announced the final round of EmergeAZ Fast Grants awarded to Arizona startups and entrepreneurs. The $1 million EmergeAZ Fast Grant Fund in collaboration with Governor Doug Ducey has provided resources to entrepreneurs and startups with emerging technologies designed to address current economic, health, or societal challenges. In total, 33 Arizona-based entrepreneurs and startups have received grants.
“Over the past month we have learned about the incredible innovations being developed in Arizona,” said Jack Selby, Chairman of invisionAZ. “These entrepreneurs and startups are creating an innovation and tech ecosystem in Arizona that will create more high quality jobs and opportunity for families.”
The final awardees include:
- OZZI GOV: OZZI GOV is a mobile threat intelligence platform keeping those who serve the United States safer and more informed. The platform helps military families understand the risks in an area and any new incidents.
- Journeyage: With Journeyage, companies can onboard employees, develop leaders, reinforce culture, and more through personalized training solutions designed to accelerate organizational growth.
- Hoot Medical: Hoot Medical connects expert physicians and healthcare practitioners from the around the U.S. to corporate entities who wish to access those professionals for non-clinical consultations such as Case Reviews and Peer Reviews.
- International Medical Direction: IMD offers a complete range of EMS Medical Direction services to accelerate best practices for municipal fire departments and provide a better, faster and less expensive Healthcare model to medically underserved communities.
- Aspireship: Aspireship trains and matches high potential sales candidates with SaaS companies looking to hire, develop and retain high-performing staff not found through traditional recruiting channels.
- Smile Virtual: Smile Virtual is a virtual consultation platform for enhancing the patient communication process and increasing treatment conversion, making it possible for dentists to do more of the work they love and change more lives in the process.
- GoX Boost: The GoX Boost platform analyzes commercial wearables-acquired data to improve human health and safety and reduce insurance costs by predicting and preventing future workplace injury, illness and chronic disease.
- Botco.ai: Botco.ai is a HIPAA compliant solution that instantly answers healthcare consumer questions. The platform generates appointment requests and provides conversational insights that help providers improve their consumer experience.
“When we first launched the EmergeAZ Fast Grant, we did not anticipate to high volume of interest we received,” said Brandon Clarke, co-founder and CEO of StartupAZ. “We are grateful for the opportunity to support these incredible Arizona startups and next generation of entrepreneurs.”
Applications for the EmergeAZ Fast Grant were reviewed on a rolling basis for Arizona-based startups that are in revenue, have been in existence for at least 12-months and have five or more employees.
invisionAZ will accelerate the growth of Arizona’s vibrant tech ecosystem by creating, promoting, and leading the framework that allows technology, innovation, and investment to flourish. The blueprint of invisionAZ was developed based on the response from leading tech experts at the 2017 AZ Tech Innovation Summit. We assembled a roadmap of real solutions to address the gaps that currently exist in the Arizona’s tech ecosystem. Learn more at invisionaz.org.
StartupAZ exists to help Arizona’s most innovative startup companies improve their leadership, performance, and connections, while inspiring generosity and philanthropy within their communities. We thrive on empowering the next generation of entrepreneurs, helping them grow, give back, and positively impact Arizona. Learn more at startupaz.org.